Pediatric dentists are dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years. They have the experience and qualifications to care for a childs teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood. Children begin to get their baby teeth during the first 6 months of life.
1) Provides dental care for infants, children, and adolescents: Fabricates space maintainers designed for patients.
2) Treats primary and secondary teeth and constructs and places bridges, dentures, and obturating appliances suitable for growing arches.
3) Manages patients with behavioral problems or handicapping conditions.
4) Counsels and advises patients and family on growth and development dental problems of patient.
5) Provides preventive services through use of fluorides and sealants and instructs patient and family members on dental care