About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer with experience in Continuous Catalyst Regeneration (CCR) processes to join our Ras Tanura Refinery Engineering Department. Your primary role will be to provide exceptional process engineering support, monitoring plant performance, capture optimization opportunities and value-creation programs for the operation of CCR Units in order to operate safely, reliably, and economically as well as achieve target goals while realizing company strategic imperatives.
- Perform in-depth plant monitoring and optimize performance of CCR units by overseeing the unit's operation and economics losses.
- Issue detailed reports to recommend changes supported by simulation models' result to optimize unit operation.
- Lead unit operations troubleshooting and investigating off-spec. products and plant trips/ upsets and manage the required deliverables.
- Support Operations during turnaround and unplanned Shutdowns / Startups by understanding the unit operating conditions and transient effects to recommend operations improvements.
- Perform specific tasks such as, but not limited to catalyst forecast/ evaluation, test runs, de-bottlenecking studies, due-diligence assessment, enhancement studies, HAZOP studies.
- Lead process safety management by overseeing HAZOP, PSR, SIL, PSSR, QRA, and Alarm Rationalization. Lead HAZOP/Process Safety Reviews of plant operations as well as new modifications.
- Manage long and short-term projects by proposing major projects to improve safety, reliability and profitability.
- Prepare design request, budget justifications and detailed implementation plans for economically justifiable projects. Also, develop detailed engineering design packages for in-house process-oriented projects and follow up on implementation.
- Review in-detail and revise standard work procedures like new operating procedures, instructions, RIMs, alarm and ESD check list, MOC, HAZOP, JSA, Relive valves, plant drawings.
- Ensure environmental and safety awareness effectiveness, working closely with the facility Safety and Environment management to improve safety and achieve highest environmental standards.
- Liaise with vendors and technology licensors for process enhancements and changes as well as with Engineering Services Department for any technology assessment and piloting support.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years of total refinery process units experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years' experience in handling CCR units.
- Exposure to different licensor technologies for CCR units is essential.
- Certified PHA/HAZOP leader.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units.
- Additional Info: Experience in Honeywell UOP or Axens licensed units.
Skills : Continuous Catalyst Regeneration,CCR,Catalyst,Honeywell,Axens