About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The Sales & Operations Planning Division (S&OP) within Downstream charter is to optimize crude allocation and the operations of global manufacturing facilities in order to maximize revenue, increase profitability, and capture international market opportunities. The division also acts as the LP gatekeeper for wholly owned refineries and the global MPIMS model, and maintains an integrated global planning model which is used for optimizing global crude allocation and exploration of new international markets and integration options.
The Linear Programs (LP) Modeling Engineer consults on complex engineering and LP problems, and reviews existing LP model structures, recommending improvements as required. This role will also have the opportunity to build a new grassroot refinery LP model, mentor and train less-senior LP engineers, and provide specialized technical service in recognized engineering fields
- Run the refinery LP models to optimize refinery systems operations.
- Work with all concerned organizations to determine the optimum mode of operation for the facilities.
- Define data and work process required to maintain and update LP models.
- Maintain the hydrocarbon LP models by adding or deleting process units and updating yields and stream properties.
- Add new LP structures that enhance optimization with more operational options to optimize the hydrocarbon systems.
- Work with operation and simulation engineers to ensure that the LP models contain the latest up-to-date process data.
- Perform "back-casting" and issue a monthly report on the LP gap along with required mitigations.
- Perform special economic studies using the LP model.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that short-range operating plans are aligned with the long-term plans in terms of modeling accuracy.
- Ensure that the business plans' LP model contains the latest information and simulations required to develop each plan.
- Adapt new best practices in LP modeling.
- Mentor less-senior LP engineers and provide structure training as required.
- Review operational facility debottlenecks and recommend mitigation measures.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering related field, MBA or a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in oil and refinery industries, with an in-depth understanding of crude, gas, NGL and refinery processing units.
- Expertise in LP modeling, with at least three years of experience in Aspen Technology's PIMS model.
- A thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles, and calculation methods.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices.
Skills : Linear Programming,LP,LP refinery,refinery,refining