About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking an experienced Analyzer Engineer to work in our Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD). GMSD provides the required high-quality technical support to This Company-owned & affiliate refineries, NGLF, and petrochemical plants inside Saudi Arabia & across the globe. Your primary role will be to provide technical evaluation, monitoring, and enhancements to the Analyzers (process analyzers and chromatographs) of the operating departments in the refining, NGLF, and petrochemical plants.
- Develop programs and best practices, monitor KPIs to improve analyzer performance, apply statistical tools to assess analyzer performance.
- Develop and manage equipment strategies as per the site safety and reliability practices.
- Provide subject matter expertise to operating facilities Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering teams by consulting, providing awareness sessions, and participating in and leading technical exchanges and conferences.
- Conduct benchmarks, business case studies, pilot and evaluate new analyzer technologies to contribute to yield improvement.
- Lead technical sessions such as the design review, model review, and commissioning for analyzers.
- Analyze chronic problems and debottleneck complex analyzer problems to improve process operations and economic benefits.
- Review standards and General Instructions and act as leading SME in the analyzer field.
- Remain abreast of industry standards developments (e.g., ASTM, ISA, ISO, IEC).
- Identify and support opportunities to improve site analyzer performance.
- Lead project execution for project proposals, initiatives, studies, and continuous improvement of solutions and problem solvers.
- Develop project design specifications for analyzer systems.
- Perform analyzer engineering calculations (e.g., fast loop lag time, probe wake frequency, ventilation requirements, phase envelopes).
- Support cost estimation for analyzers and analyzer systems.
- You must have a bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering, Industrial Engineering, or its equivalent.
- You should have a minimum of 12 years of experience with analyzers with at least 7 years of experience with online Process Analyzers in the oil & gas, refining, or petrochemical industry, or related industries.
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and working experience in various analytical chemistry techniques (Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Infrared & Ultraviolet Spectroscopy), Physical Property Analyzers, and Gas Detectors.
- As well as a strong understanding of key oil and gas, petrochemical or refining processes and their associated analyzer applications.
- You should be experienced in Analyzer communication/transmission protocol and networking considerations for interface to Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- And be able to demonstrate knowledge of industry standards, country-specific regulations, and local codes.
- An understanding of refinery facilities, Feedstock/products movements, refinery margins, giveaways, and process yields is essential.
- You should have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in the field of analyzers.
- You should also possess strong leadership skills to manage lead technical dialogues and steer technical teams.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Multivariate model-based analyzer applications for unique process measurements;
- Multiple open platforms (e.g., MATLAB, Pirouette) to develop models;
- OPC servers/Analyzer Data Network and DCS/PLC interface;
- Data analytics platforms (e.g., JMP, Seeq) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau).
Skills : Process Analysis,Process Analytical Technology,Gas Chromatography,Mass Spectrometry,Infrared (IR),Ultraviolet Spectroscopy,Gas Detectors,Physical Property Analyzers