Training Programme Development-
* Responsible for the development and delivery of basic & advanced safety management and crisis management courses; as well as the development and implementation of other context specific courses.
* When requested, conduct an adequate needs assessment to identify additional training needs of NGOs within the scope of the INSO mandate.
* Research and develop robust NGO security & crisis management modules that enable local and international NGOs to develop their own comprehensive safety plans and policies based upon their specific programming, mandate, and needs.
* Design and incorporate monitoring and evaluation tools that allow for the ongoing adaptation and improvement of the security and crisis management courses over the period, as well as the monitoring of the application of the module components in NGO operations.
Management of Trainings-
* Constantly review, evaluate and adapt to the context developed training materials as necessary and identify and suggest other training areas where INSO can add sustainable and operational value to NGO practice.
* Help manage the public perceptions of INSO s work to establish and maintain recognition of its mandate for independence, impartiality and neutrality.
* Manage the training team, with a clear understanding of the pressures associated with operating in hostile environments (recruitment, appraisal, work plan, authorization of movement, mission orders, leave request disciplinary measures etc.). Team management will include responsibility for the logistics and financial management of the training team in tandem with senior management.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken).
* Graduate level education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
* Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles.
* Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
* Independent drive and ability to operate and sustainably manage staff and teams under strict systems and deadlines.
* Well-developed organisational and team management skills and standards.
* A minimum years providing training in the humanitarian safety sector, specifically at the field level.
* Experience in design and development of bespoke safety training curricula for NGOs.
* At least year working in conflict affected environments
* Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security.
* Ability to excel in a multicultural work environment.
* Recent experience working on the Syria response, ideally in an NGO safety training role or equivalent - and demonstrable understanding of the context.
* Demonstrable experience in leading and mentoring national staff.
Key Personal Competencies
* A good listener
* An effective communicator
* Team player
* Excellent interpersonal skills
he International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers in high risk contexts. INSO is based in the The Hague and Dubai with projects in fourteen countries. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.