1. Arrange materials for his work and ensure availability of all essential spares and tools.
2. Ensure safety of all personnel working under him
3. Inform supervisor regarding all dangerous and unsafe conditions. Take immediate steps to isolate electrically the equipment in case of electrical hazards. Gives warning to staff.
4. Ensure most efficient utilization of staff under him. Keeps a log of work carried out and submits reports of work to engineer. Submit daily report about the works.
5. Ensure training of all staff / users safe use of tools.