• Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction
• Leading the development and implementation of the overall organization's strategy
• Soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate, from a Board of Directors
• Formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business or organization.
• Overseeing the complete operation of an organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans
• Evaluating the success of the organization in reaching its goals
• Looking at potential acquisitions or the sale of the company under circumstances that will enhance shareholder value
• Representing the organization for civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level
• Participating in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the CEO's leadership skills, the organization's reputation, and the organization's potential for success.