About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Strategist that will be responsible, under the general direction of the head of the Human Resources and Corporate Services P&PM organization or his/her designee, for overseeing just about every aspect of the business to ensure strategic plans are working effectively and that the Business Line will remain competitive. The incumbent is expected to support the Business Line Organizations to develop business improvement plans and strategies and monitor their execution. Participates in analysis and strategy development that addresses short-term and long-term highly complex issues and problems as required by senior management. Mentors, trains, and develops others.
- Monitor, evaluate, and analyze market trends, competition, and opportunities.
- Develop plans to determine the overall direction of the business organization.
- Communicate strategies to address competition, changes in customer preference, and technology advancements.
- Execute strategic plans including developing new businesses and investment strategies.
- Manage large- and medium-scale projects related to key business line initiatives.
- Facilitate workshops and implement organizational change programs.
- Support the annual planning process by tying budgets to projects and outcomes.
- Address business problems, identify operational inefficiencies, and develop solutions.
- Create appropriate internal and external presentation materials on Business Line strategies.
- Support ad-hoc management requests, analyses, and reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or related field from a leading college or university.
- Advanced business degree (e.g., MBA) and/or relevant professional certification (e.g., CFA, PMP) is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity firm or similar organization.
- Significant demonstrable work experience in strategy development, review, and implementation is required.
- Strong knowledge of business case development is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate insights and produce top-quality written and oral reports in English.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity to generate ideas to solve business problems.
- Critical thinking abilities to draw sound conclusions from information and various data sources, separate relevant information, and provide logical solutions with a long-term perspective.
- Proficiency in working with large datasets and strong quantitative and financial modeling skills to provide analytical support to all aspects of the business.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty in decision-making processes.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in PowerPoint for presentation purposes.
- Collaborative skills to work with cross-functional teams, interact with senior executives, and provide leadership to teams on strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge of risk management processes and tools.
- Knowledge of sustainability issues, including social impacts, technical, environmental and economic impacts associated with key issues (ESG knowledge).
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: aviation, marine, medical services, housing, utilities, transportation, safety, security, loss prevention, human resources, public affairs, corporate affairs.
Skills : MBA