About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
This company is seeking a Scale Specialist to join the Technical Services Division within its Research & Development Center (R&DC), which is responsible for providing technical leadership to R&D programs, introducing and validating new technologies, and delivering sound technical solutions for companywide operations. The Scale Specialist's primary role is to lead high levels of technical services projects, and develop novel technical solutions to control scale formation in downhole and surface systems for sustainable oil and gas production.
- Design laboratory test matrices and conduct laboratory studies for scale mitigation projects.
- Perform root-cause analysis of existing scale issues, and scaling risk assessments for new fields.
- Evaluate scale-control technologies including chemical products such as scale inhibitors and scale dissolvers.
- Develop and optimize scale chemical-treatment programs and assist in field trials of new scale control technologies.
- Provide cost-effective solutions to challenging scale issues for upstream and downstream operations.
- Identify technical gaps and initiate scale management R&D projects, and lead scale-related research and collaboration activities.
- Mentor junior engineers and scientists by setting specific goals and providing hands-on instruction.
- Issue patents and publications in peer-reviewed journals and primary international conferences.
- Organize and deliver workshops and seminars.
- Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical, or other related Engineering discipline, with a PhD degree preferred.
- At least five years of industrial experience in production chemistry, with an emphasis on oilfield scale reduction/mitigation, and strong laboratory skills.
- Proven track record of research and technology development and deployment related to oilfield scale reduction.
- Demonstrated scientific/technical authority and broad technical recognition is preferred, including serving on editorial boards of international journals and technical committees of industrial conferences and associations related to oilfield scale management.
- Strong record of publication and patents.
- Proven track record in conducting advanced technical projects, with the ability to connect technology, R&D, and operational excellence.
- Excellent communication skills and experience successfully developing trusting relationships with field engineers and other collaborators.
Skills : PhD,Doctor,Oilfield,Scale,Oil,inhibitors,dissolver