About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
This Company is seeking a Portfolio Management Process Specialist to join its Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD), whose mission is to provide high-impact leadership and support across the technology life-cycle, from strategy setting to value realization and sustainable growth, and partner with corporate and business stakeholders to integrate new technologies into the company's strategies and investment plans. The Portfolio Management Process Specialist is responsible for leading the R&D portfolio investment optimization process in order to ensure systematic implementation of technology portfolio management processes in line with This Company's R&D technology strategy, corporate and business strategies, and internal policies. The role also involves formal interactions with the company's executive management to facilitate data-driven investment decision-making.
- Work closely with This Company's Research & Development Center and business organizations to assess portfolio project priorities by providing standard evaluation metrics.
- Lead R&D technology portfolio analysis and reviews to enable technology portfolio prioritization through presentation of key R&D portfolio insights and recommendations.
- Ensure R&D portfolio investment process compliance with portfolio governance required by the company's finance and technology development policies.
- Lead the long-term investment forecast of R&D programs.
- Partner with This Company's Downstream, Upstream, and Engineering Services organizations to develop a consolidated R&D investment plan for the company.
- Lead R&D portfolio reviews of This Company/SABIC collaboration projects to ensure consistent portfolio management processes and practices across joint work teams to enable prioritization by company leadership.
- Streamline the planning, communication, execution, and performance management of R&D portfolio, including value creation, operation efficiency, etc.
- Guide the analysis of gated R&D project portfolio from multiple lenses, e.g., sponsorship, project life cycle, and agility to identify acceleration opportunities and value realization gaps.
- Support the implementation of R&D portfolio review decisions and report progress.
- Coordinate the analysis of R&D gate review priorities and implementation performance to ensure consistency with business and investment plans.
- Lead the implementation and improvement of the R&D portfolio management process.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Finance, or related business administration disciplines. A Master's degree is preferred, especially if the candidate has completed advanced degree education in both engineering/science and business administration.
- 10 years of professional experience in leading organizations, preferably in the oil and gas sector (with a focus on downstream, midstream, and sustainability initiatives), including at least five years in an R&D investment planning and/or technology management role.
- Demonstrated experience with Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) systems, such as Planisware, Accolade, and similar software applications.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategy and/or technology roadmaps at a well-established organization in alignment with business strategies and objectives.
- Experience with R&D investment governance or financial risk control is a plus.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, enhanced by an ability to strategically evaluate disparate and complex data, and to interpret and integrate key assumptions to develop new insights.
- Proven track record of successfully working with multi-cultural, cross-functional teams and developing productive working relationships.
- Experience effectively presenting and facilitating discussions and informed decision-making with senior-level executives on formal business materials, e.g., R&D investment plan.
- Experience with Operation Excellence (OE) process development, implementation, including continuous improvement.
Skills : Master,R&D,Project Portfolio Management,PPM,Planisware,Accolade