About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
This Company is seeking an experienced Offshore/onshore Geotechnical Engineer to join the Consulting Services Department. Consulting Services Department (CSD) provides specialized engineering consultations for capital programs and corporate operations to advance corporate profitability objectives through engineering standards and application of new and emerging technologies. The Offshore Engineering Group of Civil & structural Engineering Division, CSD is responsible in offshore site selection and investigation, offshore platforms piles within This Company facilities, to support new projects and operations.
- Review and revise capital projects and introduce qualified nonmetallic products in engineering design packages for water plants, gas plants, GOSPs, and terminals.
- Attend project review meetings in and out of the Kingdom as required, develop new specifications, and update existing standards, procedures, and best practices.
- Participate in international standards writing bodies as opportunities arise.
- Lead value engineering sessions for offshore geotechnical and update accordingly.
- Perform technical assessments of new vendor facilities, their qualifications and approvals, and conduct periodic assessments to maintain a regulated vendor list.
- Develop new technologies and implement them in This Company facilities.
- Lead investigations and evaluate product deficiencies of local and out-of-Kingdom manufacturers.
- Participate in providing training courses to develop young engineers.
- Mentor engineers and share your knowledge and experience.
- Publish technical papers in refereed journals and international conferences.
- Lead or be a team member in specialized tasks, such as incident investigation teams, special audit teams, value engineering teams, organizational improvement teams, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience as a geotechnical engineer in onshore and offshore oil and gas industry
- Ability to make rough estimates and respond quickly to field problems, extensive knowledge of foundation design for oil rig, sheet piles, mooring, breasting dolphin foundations, and other coastal structures
- Excellent knowledge in advanced geotechnical investigation, geophysical surveys including microgravity surveys, resistivity surveys, advanced laboratory testing, and soil parameter estimation
- Familiarity with International Engineering Standards and Material Specifications (e.g., API-RP2A-geo) and experience in participating in and developing Engineering Standards for offshore geotechnical
- Strong consulting experience including root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Good presenter with high convincing ability, good technical report and paper writing skills, and ability to mentor and teach nonmetallic courses to engineers
- Experience in the oil and gas industry and affiliation with professional societies such as ASME, API, ISO, and NACE is highly desirable.
Skills : Geotechnical Engineering,Geotechnics,offshore,onshore