About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Inspection Department is seeking a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Engineer to join Inspection Technology Unit (ITU) of Inspection Technical Support Division. The ITU is responsible of the evaluation and deployment of latest inspection and Non-destructive Testing NDT technologies for asset integrity assessment and reliable and cost-effective operations. The NDT engineer must have comprehensive knowledge and experience in NDT and inspection engineering principles.
- Identify and evaluate inspection and NDT technologies for supporting operating facilities and capital projects.
- Work with other This Company for development of new inspection technologies.
- Develop engineering design, assessment and analysis of inspection technologies and propose them for procurement and deployment through the available company channels.
- Perform NDT inspections and evaluate NDT technologies and systems to detect, measure, and monitor deterioration mechanisms.
- Perform inspection activities which require traveling periodically to remote and offshore areas.
- Provide technical support and consultation to end users and field proponents on inspection and NDT technologies.
- Make recommendations to procure new Inspection and NDT technologies and/or adapt existing NDT equipment to resolve inspection challenges.
- Develop Inspection Technology Strategies in alignment with corporate strategic objectives and Inspection Department vision and mission.
- Explore future advancement in Inspection and NDT technologies for effective implementation.
- Develop new engineering procedures and techniques to address operational inspection needs, and conduct review and update of existing engineering procedures, including reflecting the new technologies in the company engineering procedures and standards as applicable.
- Establish processes and indicators to assess and monitor the effectiveness of processes and programs.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for young talents to develop competent NDT engineers.
- Support innovation programs and patenting of genuine ideas for development of inspection solutions, processes, tools, etc.
- Undertake special assignments requiring extensive technical experience and discretion when dealing with outside organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (higher education is highly desirable, but not required)
- 7+ years of professional experience in in inspection of assets and inspection and NDT technologies
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards applicable to inspection such as (API, ASME, AWS, etc.).
- Good knowledge of material engineering properties and specifications, and manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of various forms of material and equipment damage mechanisms, e.g. corrosion, Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC), weld defects, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA), etc.
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning for inspection and NDT technologies.
- Able to perform interpretation and analysis of inspection data, using advanced computer software and data-analytics applications
- Economic analysis, planning, and budgeting skills
- NDT certified Level III in at least two methods
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
Skills : stress,Corrosion,Cracking,NDT,Destructive Testing,HTHA,SCC,High Temperature