About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking an industrial incident investigator to join This Company Loss Prevention organization (LP), which provides both day-to-day field coverage to This Company operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function. Field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib. Through these offices, LP provides its services to all This Company facilities which are located all over the Kingdom. The primary function of an industrial incident investigator is to help investigate industrial incidents (fires, major leaks, hydrocarbon explosions, etc.), identify proper root causes, and correctly identify actions necessary to prevent recurrence. This includes preparing draft and final incident reports, and providing long term support to address all recommendations.
- Mobilize to incident sites as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Investigate industrial incidents, especially those classified as major or moderate.
- Provide ongoing support to the investigation team by ensuring proper understanding of investigation techniques.
- Conduct thorough investigations utilizing the proper investigative tools that fit the incident in question.
- Develop or thoroughly review all necessary draft reports and complete all stages of review.
- Prepare or thoroughly review final incident reports.
- Identify recommendations that should be shared globally for corporate-wide implementation.
- Develop lessons learned and safety bulletins to help address recommendations properly.
- Carry out educational engagements to ensure lessons learned are properly and timely communicated.
- Act as the subject matter expert in developing and reviewing corporate safety guidance on incident investigations.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- Have 10 years of experience investigating major and moderate industrial incidents, not only minor incidents, and possess a deep understanding of the various tools and techniques currently utilized to conduct such investigations.
- Have excellent communication skills in English, with the ability to communicate effectively with peers as well as members of management. The candidate must also be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
- Have a good understanding of modern safety management systems, processes, and techniques, as well as international fire and safety codes, recommended practices, and specifications.
Skills : Loss Prevention,Incident Handling,Incident Investigation,Incident Response,Incident Command,Incident Reporting,Safety Management Systems,Safety codes