About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The HR Strategy Lead to the Head of HR Planning & Performance management that leads the HR Strategy Programs - collaborate with all departments within Human Resources to ensure that they develop and execute initiatives aligned with HR Strategy. The team is also responsible for ensuring periodic refreshing of the HR Strategy to reflect changes in the business environment. This work requires coordination with corporate strategic planning functions as well as evaluation of internal and external talent landscapes. Develop the professional and leadership capabilities of the HR organization (Corporate HR and embedded HR Business Partners) to deliver the HR Strategy. This includes the identification of success profiles; fresh graduate selection and development; the creation and management of an HR internship (rotational assignment) program and the management of an HR professional qualifications curriculum. The objective is to build a strong internal pipeline of Saudi professional HR talent. Manage communications and engagement with two key stakeholders, namely NGage the HR organization's young talent group and the HR Business Partner community. Work with heads of departments within HR to challenge their thinking on succession planning and strengthen individual development plans of high potential leadership talent.
- Evaluate and realign HR strategic priorities in light of changes in the internal and external environment. Conduct an interim review of current HR strategy effectiveness and priorities, and identify next steps in HR strategy evolution to increase value to the business, in conjunction with HR Departments and HR Business Partners.
- Review the HR operating model with consultants to reflect changes in corporate structure and governance associated with the transition to segment reporting. Identify the desired level of centralization/decentralization and the nature and range of services to be delivered by the Corporate HR.
- Oversee the selection process and ongoing management of a third-party vendor to deliver specialist HR assessments, professional qualifications and short courses on technical topics.
- Collaborate with the HR Planning and Performance Management Team, HR Business Partners and others to continue to strengthen the scorecard of key HR metrics to measure HR effectiveness.
- Work with HR's Organization Consulting Department and HR Business Partners to strengthen HR organization structures across the enterprise. Support implementation through the provision of candidate assessment and selection tools, and development plans to transition those performing HR work into new roles.
- Identify key issues related to emerging client and business needs in a complex global operating environment.
- Articulate a compelling business case for positions that influence a broad range of stakeholders. Excellent written, spoken and presentation skills (PowerPoint and other) are essential.
- Cultivate a network of people across a broad range of disciplines and functions within the organization.
- Translate functional strategies into plans and objectives that are aligned and integrated. Prioritize activities to ensure that important milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Recognize that not all decisions may be logical, rational, and/or data-driven; comfort with occasional opaqueness in relation to decision rationale.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or Business/Management; advanced degree(s) preferred.
- At least 15 years' progressive Human Resources experience.
- A proven successful track record of performing similar roles within large, complex, international, and multi-cultural organizations; ideally with exposure to the Middle East.
Skills : HR Strategy